Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 4, 2011

I just remembered why we homeschooled our kids...

I just spent an entire day  dealing with incompetence and illiteracy, and have come to the conclusion that we need to simply mandate homeschooling for everyone!  It started out this morning, when I had to take a test. I can't even begin to tell you how dumb it was. The entire time I was working on it, I kept asking myself, "Seriously???" 

This was an important test that had to do with real estate. I won't get more specific right now, but it should have been conducted on a very professional level.  Instead, it was full of typos, mistakes, and poorly-worded questions  There was one question that required information found on a chart, but no chart was given.  The difficult parts of the class were skipped over and instead questions were thrown in that were on information not covered in the class at all.

This certainly wasn't the first time I've run into this in the business world...but it was definitely one of the worst examples.  Our schools simply don't seem to be teaching the basics of literacy anymore, and the results of years of ineffective instruction are starting to be very observable out in the "real" world.

At least this week I didn't have to think very hard about what to talk about on my blog!  On the one hand, it made me ashamed for my second profession.  On the other hand, it made me realize how much I could be of service by becoming truly competent and honest in the field of real estate.   Now I just have to go out and buy my black polyester leisure suit and I'll be ready to roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment